he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,441 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
A CASUAL SWORDFIGHT BETWEEN DUDES [M]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 16:41:43 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Hey, Wainwright. Long time no see," Gunner said as he approached the Ranger. Unlike their last encounter in Ever Grande City, the agent had completely healed from injuries incurred in January. He walked freely, without a cane or other mobility aid, and only occasionally dealt with aches in his back. [break][break]

At Gunner's side strode his Iron Valiant, Kahadin. The pair were meeting with Jack and his Pokémon on the fields outside Verdanturf for training. According to all intelligence reports, war was on the horizon, and Gunner wanted to be as prepared as possible. [break][break]

Still, that didn't mean he couldn't exchange pleasantries, no matter how awkward he usually was at small talk. "How have you been?" he asked, as he waited for Jack to choose a Pokémon for their practice battle.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 1:13:37 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

Pamplemousse assessed Gunner Graves with an impassive gaze. After his failure to eliminate all of their enemies aboard the Megalopolan ship, Pamplemousse had returned to Jack's apartment and begun training in earnest. When Gunner had reached out for some battle exercise, he had been eager to accept. Jack had an immense amount of respect for this man and his combat prowess and Pamplemouse hoped that Gunner would be one to push him harder.[break][break]

"Lieutenant Graves," Pamplemousse acknowledged the man with a cordial nod. He did not share Jack's warmth toward the man, warmth that even now glowed in the back of his mind, but recognized that he could not go it alone.[break][break]

"I am fighting a new battle every day," Pamplemousse responded as he pushed Jack's thoughts away. "Yourself?"[break][break]

Eyeing the man's impressive Iron Valiant, Pamplemousse released Jack's Aegislash from his pokeball.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: Intrepid Sword (COC)

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,441 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 15:01:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner blinked, surprised. Jack's tone and behavior were incongruous with what the agent remembered of their last interaction. Back then, Jack had been talkative and expressive. Now, it seemed walls of steel rose up around him, despite the cordial nod. [break][break]

"'Lieutenant,' huh? It's not every day I get called that," Gunner said, raising an eyebrow. Technically, it was his military rank, even though he wasn't officially part of the Hoenn Army. "Just 'Graves' is fine." [break][break]

He nodded at Iron Valiant, who dashed forward to engage the Aegislash. Thankfully, Gunner was familiar with Steel-type Pokémon, their defenses, and their vulnerabilities. So was Kahadin, who often trained against them. The Paradox Pokémon started off strong with a NIGHT SLASH. [break][break]

"As for how I'm doing," Gunner shrugged, "same old, same old. I worked with Head Ranger when a bunch of people went missing for two days, but that was our biggest recent concern." [break][break]

Now there were rumors of imminent attacks by Team Rocket, but what else was new?

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 17:53:07 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

The Aegislash's King's Shield was almost reflexive, shoving the Iron Valiant's darkened blades away. Pamplemousse frowned at the super-effective attack but was impressed by the quick repositioning to ward off as much of the blow as possible as the stance change set up the Aegislash in a more defensive positioning. At least Jack had trained his pokemon well.[break][break]

"Did you and the Head Ranger find the people you were looking for?" Pamplemousse asked politely. After he had been sucked through Palkia's portal, inconveniently to 's doorstep, Pamplemousse had returned to Jack's apartment to find only the man's excited Boltund waiting for him. He didn't care if anyone had bothered to look for him, but the ball of anxiety in the back of his head told him that Jack did.[break][break]

Pamplemousse kept his eye on the Iron Valiant as his thoughts turned toward his new purpose. With the Megalopolans beyond his reach, his vengeance was focused on a more achieveable target. "Most of the talk at the Ranger Station has been about increasing tensions with Team Rocket. Any movement on that front?"[break][break]

He kept his eyes on the battling pokemon and the eagerness from his voice.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,441 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 14:54:35 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The KING'S SHIELD totally nullified Kahadin's attack. It did not deter the Paradox Pokémon, however, who followed up with a LEAF BLADE in an attempt to find a weak point in its opponent's defense. [break][break]

"We did, thank Arceus," Gunner said. "Our missing personnel showed up a couple of days after they originally went missing. Head Ranger Morales confirmed the same for all his Rangers." [break][break]

The agent was not keen on revealing that the entire League Council had been the ones missing. The notion that the region's entire governing body, save for the Commissioner herself, could go missing for two days would be too much of a blow to the general public's sense of safety. [break][break]

"Unfortunately, the rumors about increasing tensions are right. We're still gathering intel, but I'm sure the Rangers will be some of the first to hear of any plans, once the Council has decided what to do." [break][break]

Jack did not need to know that had already forwarded her plans over to the HBIC, or that Gunner was already drawing up defensive strategies based on them. He would find out what they were soon enough.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 2:13:02 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

"How unfortunate that conflict is already on the horizon," Pamplemousse lied, eager for a fight with Rocket. Even Jack couldn't disagree with him there, though Jack was much more concerned about collateral damage than Pamplemousse.[break][break]

The Valiant's blade of leaves slashed against the Aegislash's shield, biting into the metal of the pokemon even as he swiveled to deflect. Pamplemousse grew impatient being on defense and gestured toward the pokemon to attack. Aegislash rushed forward, slamming the iron head of the shield at the Iron Valiant before changing stances back into his sword forme.[break][break]

"If you're putting a team together, I want in." Pamplemousse stated it is a simple fact, rather than requesting as Jack would have. Jack had placed his trust in this man, so Pamplemousse would need to as well if he didn't want to go it alone or get stuck defaulting to whatever the Rangers were planning.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,441 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 15:45:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Kahadin reeled from the IRON HEAD, taking several steps backward as it recovered from the blow. Gunner saw how much of an uneven matchup the battle was, and how well Jack had trained his Pokémon. But he was not going to give up so easily, not even against someone he liked. [break][break]

Neither was Kahadin. It was the Iron Valiant's turn to go on the defensive, setting up a WIDE GUARD and watching the Aegislash closely. As soon as it saw an opening, it planned to strike. [break][break]

"Do you now? I'll keep that in mind," Gunner said. "If I remember correctly from the battle against Kyurem, your strength was in supporting others and tending to the injured. There's always room for that role on any team." [break][break]

The agent himself lacked Pokémon that knew healing moves for a long time. 's injury had prompted him to add some to his team. Still, his lack of expertise in healing and support meant someone like Jack was invaluable to him.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 2:10:33 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Pamplemousse put effort into keeping his mouth from twisting in distate. Supporting others and tending to the injured? Jack would let his life pass him by while he supported others. Yes, Pamplemousse was doing the man a favor by stepping up as he had.[break][break]

"Yes, of course, it is an important role," Pamplemousse said, his voice flat. "Hopefully I can be a little more versatile this time around."[break][break]

Eying his opponent's guard, he gave the command for Aegislash to shadow sneak, hoping to strike from behind.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,441 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 17:02:48 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Jack's uninterested tone deepened Gunner's curiosity and concern, but the agent made no comment on the oddity. Instead, he nodded and said, "I'll see what I can do." [break][break]

Then he turned his full attention to the battle. The Aegislash's SHADOW SNEAK was a good tactic, as it caught his Iron Valiant off guard. The two Pokémon continued exchanging vicious blows, sparks flying as metal crashed on metal. [break][break]

Eventually, however, the battle came to an end; a decisive thrust from Jack's Aegislash bringing Gunner's Iron Valiant to its knees. [break][break]

"Good fight," Gunner said, recalling his Pokémon. "You're a really impressive battler, Jack. I look forward to seeing how you fare on the next battlefield." [break][break]

The agent still could not shake the memory of the Ranger's demeanor during the battle against Kyurem from his mind. Was the man standing across from him really the same person?

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 21:57:27 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Pamplemousse did not smile as Jack's Aegislash struck the final blow. He was not happy, only satisfied. Gunner and his Iron Valiant were clearly skilled, so Jack's admiration in the man had not been misplaced.[break][break]

"Thanks for the practice," Pamplemousse nodded gratefully to the other man, "I look forward to continue growing my skills with you."[break][break]

Pamplemousse wasn't sure how long he would be able to hold on for. Even now Jack was scratching at the back of his skull, no doubt emboldened by the presence of his friend. He needed to set the man up for success even after he was gone and it was clear Gunner could push Jack. Jack needed to be pushed.[break][break]

"Don't forget to call me when the fighting starts," Pamplemousse said without Jack's usual flippant tone. It was a statement of fact. Gunner had agreed to see what he could do and he expected him to follow through. With a respectful nod, he recalled his Aegislash and ended the interaction.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 23:44:12 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven